Low solubility and low bioavailability problems are more and more frequent today in pharmaceutical development projects, and that is why Idifarma invested in Spray Drying as a suitable technological solution.
We have a complete Spray Drying suite comprised of a lab-scale Buchi B290 and a Gea Niro Mobile Minor in the GMP manufacturing plant, capable for working with high potent active substances. With this equipment, we can provide our clients with a comprehensive solution to solubility, stability and bioavailability problems from formulation to scale-up production, applying technologies such as micro-encapsulation, amorphization or co-precipitation.
Among the many pharmaceutical applications of Spray Drying technologies, we can highlight the following:
- Modification of particle size and morphology
- Drying suspensions
- Particle coating
- Manufacturing of microcapsules and microparticles
- Stability enhancement for peptides, proteins and antibodies
- Controlled release
- Taste masking
Spray Drying technologies are suitable for different target molecules, such as small molecules, peptides, proteins and nucleic acids, providing a number of important advantages in front of alternative technologies:
- Scalable and cost-effective technique
- Rapid, continuous, repeatable process
- Control of particle size and morphology
- Ability to handle temperature-sensitive molecules
- Providing enhanced solubility, stability and bioavailability
The synergies that originate in Idifarma as a result of our experience and capabilities in pharmaceutical formulation, analytical and process development enhance the advantages provided by Spray Drying technology and ensure a seamless transition from laboratory to industrial manufacturing, optimizing project times and quality while minimizing costs and risks.